Reply To: Unanswered Questions
Welcome › Forums › Holmfirth Flood Project › Unanswered Questions › Reply To: Unanswered Questions
2 November 2022 at 4:27 pm #8530
I’ve not been able to locate exact dates of birth for several of the victims, so copies of birth certificates will need to be ordered (all registered at Huddersfield):
- John Charlesworth — Q1 1848 v22 p296
- Emor Charlesworth — Q4 1845 v22 p205
- Ruth Charlesworth — Q1 1851 v22 p366
- Joseph Mettrick — Q3 1850 v22 p344 (needed to confirm parents as mother was “Brown”)
- Jane Mettrick — Q3 1849 v22 p318 (needed to confirm parents as mother was “Brown”)
- Abel Earnshaw — Q3 1844 v22 p306
- Alfred Ashall — Q2 1850 v22 p357 (mother was “Haworth”)
- George Hartley — Q1 1852 v09A p249
- Elizabeth Healey — Q4 1843 v22 p312
- Turns out the above Joseph & Jane Mettrick were separate/unrelated to the Joseph & Jane who died in the flood. Instead, they were the children of Thomas & Mary Ann Mettrick and it’s just an odd/curious coincidence that the Joseph & Jane who died in the flood were born around the same time and were given the same names.
- Alfred Ashall’s birth certificate confirms mother’s maiden name was Haworth… but can we trust the details given on the birth certificate if the story that Alfred’s father and mother were unmarried and had eloped are true?
- This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by Dave Pattern.